Historic Dayton House Guest Suite Policy
The Historic Dayton House is a nationally registered historic site available for business meetings, family gatherings, weddings, honeymoons, reunions, anniversaries, or anytime you just want to get away!
- Check-in is typically from 3–4 pm. An alternate arrival time may be arranged when procuring a reservation.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Rate for the Smallwood Suite is $145 per night (does not include applicable taxes).
- Rate for the Dayton Suite is $160 per night (does not include applicable taxes).
- Rates are for two guests. $20 for each additional guest. Maximum occupancy per suite is four guests.
- Rates include complimentary continental breakfast, snacks, and coffee/tea.
- Each suite features a bedroom with a queen-size bed, sitting room and private bath with a claw foot tub and pedestal sink.
- Rooms are decorated with antique pieces, but include modern technology with flat screen TV's and high speed wireless internet access.
A non-refundable confirmation deposit is required for each suite. This may be secured with a credit card or check.
- We understand that cancellations are sometimes necessary. Please contact us if you have a change in plans.
- Cancellations without notice require full payment.
- Parking is provided free of charge in the designated areas.
- All alcoholic beverages consumed at the house must be purchased from the Historic Dayton House.
- We request that no alcoholic beverages may be brought into the house.
- The Historic Dayton House reserves the right to eject persons for failure to comply with the policy and violation will result in revocation of all rights and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- Enjoy a light, complimentary self-serve breakfast, using our house china, in your suite's sitting room, in the nook in the upper main hall, or in the kitchen.
- The snack bar includes a microwave, refrigerator, tea pot, and other amenities.
- Each suite has an in-room coffee maker.
- The main floor of the Historic Dayton House is an event facility for parties, meetings, conferences, etc. Access to this area is through invitation only. Guests attending a main floor event are restricted to the main floor, except for use of the second floor public bathroom. Guests in the Bed & Breakfast suites are then limited to the second floor.
- During a main floor event, please use the back kitchen door to exit/enter the house.
- Assuming no event is scheduled on the main floor, you may enjoy the main floor rooms at your leisure.
- Children are welcome to stay at the Historic Dayton House. Overnight guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian or responsible adult.
- Guests invited to your room are welcome until 9 pm and are subject to all policies stated herein.
- Overnight guests are limited to and not to exceed number specified on the rental agreement.
- Out of respect for our neighbors and other overnight guests, excessive noise is restricted after 9 pm.
- Violation of this policy which results in the disturbance of other guests or neighbors requires an additional fee used to compensate other guests and to restore customer relations.
- Out of respect for our neighbors and other overnight guests, porch use is restricted after 9 pm.
- Due to the delicate nature of our antique furnishings and flooring, we are unable to accommodate pets.
- A $50 cleaning fee is billed for violation of this policy.
- For the comfort of our guests and the protection of our historic house, we have a no open flame policy, so our entire house and property are smoke and candle free. Guests violating the no smoking policy may be asked to leave.
- Smoke sensors throughout the house are extremely sensitive and smoking may trigger the alarm.
- A $100 cleaning fee is billed for violation of this policy.
- For security purposes, exterior doors remain locked except during main floor events. A Historic Dayton House representative unlocks the main doors for all house events and locks the doors after each event. Attendance for events is by invitation-only.
- Please lock your door when absent from your suite, as the Historic Dayton House is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- For your security, the locks in the home are keyed separately. Your keys will unlock the main door, side doors and your guest suite doors.
- For your security and the security of the Historic Dayton House and its furnishings, please lock exterior doors before leaving the house.